- Use traditional or digital cameras, along with a variety of equipment such as tripods, filters, and flash attachments. Operate still or video cameras or related equipment.
- Determine project goals, locations, and equipment needs by studying assignments and consulting with clients or advertising staff.
- Confer with clients to determine needs.
- Enhance, retouch, and resize photographs and negatives, using airbrushing and other techniques. Apply finishes to artwork, crafts, and displays.
- License the use of photographs through stock photo agencies. Obtain copyrights or other legal permissions.