- Negotiate rate as well as contracts for transportation, distribution, or logistics services.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation, warehouse activities, safety performance, and logistics quality management. Direct and/or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities, and financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers, also analyze financial records to improve efficiency.
- Monitor product import or export processes.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product delivery.
- Train and supervise shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities.